Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 Macquarie University Africa Development Scholarship. Interested students should see the details below. Note that the application deadline is 30th June 2018.
Details and FAQs about the Macquarie University Africa Development Scholarship
The Macquarie University, Australia through its Country Scholarships is offering the 2018 Africa Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate African Students.
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline for this scholarship is 30th June 2018
What is the value and worth of the scholarship?
We provide AU$5000 annually towards your tuition fees for the length of the course (AU$2500 is credited against your tuition fees each semester).
The scholarship is for full time, on-campus study only.
What is the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of an African country.
- have applied for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework through a registered Macquarie University agent or through our online application system.
- have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course offered at our North Ryde campus.
- have enrolled and be ready to begin your course in 2016 (commencement may not be deferred).
- Commence study in the session and year indicated in your scholarship letter of offer. Commencement may not be deferred.
- Students who are on an English-packaged course are eligible for this scholarship if they commence their course in 2016 or 2018.
- You’re not eligible if you have received any other Macquarie University scholarship for this course of study.
- To remain eligible for this scholarship, you must stay enrolled in your original approved course of study and pass all units within the course.
How to Apply for the Macquarie University Africa Development Scholarship
You don’t need to apply directly to be considered for a country scholarship. Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter.
- Details on how to apply to Macquarie University for a coursework degree are available on the website. Visit the institution website.
- Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter sent via email.
About Macquarie University
Macquarie University is a public research university based in Sydney, Australia, in the suburb of Macquarie Park. Founded in 1964 by the New South Wales Government, it was the third university to be established in the metropolitan area of Sydney. The university is a place of pioneering minds, breaking free of conventions. Discover our story as one of the global leaders in tertiary education.