Ajayi Crowther University Dress Code Has Been Approved for all Male and Female Students: The management of Ajayi Crowther University hereby informs all students that they must comply strictly with the University’s Dress Code in respect of the dresses they have in their luggages.
If a student has a dress which is at variance with the Dress Code, the parent/guardian will be required to take the dress away as the University will henceforth not keep such dresses for the students.
All students (that is, both male and female students) must comply with the regulations in respect of hairdo/hairstyle, beard, moustache, whiskers, etc. Any student who is found to be non-compliant will not be allowed into the campus and will be required to go to the town to effect a redress of the issue.
Parents/Guardians are enjoined to please co-operate with the University Management with respect to the above issues to avoid any embarrassment for their children/wards during the screening and clearance processes on resumption.
Parents/Guardians and students are advised to see the information on contraband items, prohibited dresses, hairstyles etc. below.
Ajayi Crowther University Dress Code
This is to inform you that this University has an approved dress code as indicated in the students’ handbook (section 5.2).
Below is the approved dress code for female and male students:
The University attaches a great importance to modest and good dressing. Dressing adds value to one’s personality, self-confidence and self-worth. Indeed, “the way you dress, is the way you are addressed”. Dress code is one of the unique aspects of Ajayi Crowther University culture that students must imbibe to make their academic pursuit pleasurable.
Dress Code for all Female Students
- During normal lectures, examinations, public lectures, special ceremonies, such as Matriculation, Foundation Day and Convocation, all female students must be corporately dressed. To be corporately dressed is to wear a smart skirt/pant suit, skirt/pant and blouse, or a smart dress. On Fridays, weekends and national days such as Independence Day, traditional dressing code may be observed.
- All dress and skirts hems must be at least, 5-10 cm (2-4 inches) below the knees.
- Skirts slits should not be unnecessarily long and should not expose the knees or any part of the body.
- The wearing of sleeveless dresses or dresses with very tiny singlet-like straps (spaghetti strap), without a jacket, is strictly prohibited.
- Strapless blouses, over-clinging clothing, including hip-stand trousers, revealing blouses, especially the type of blouse that does not cover the navel, are not allowed in the University.
- Transparent dresses are prohibited.
- The use of T-shirts and face-caps in Lectures, Chapel, University Programmes and Examination Halls and during official hours (8am-4pm) is strictly prohibited.
- Wearing bathroom slippers is not allowed in and around the lecture halls of the University.
- Female students are advised to wear hairstyles that are neat, moderate and becoming of a responsible student. Extra-long weave-ons, braids with bogus colours are prohibited.
- Earrings and necklaces may be used by female students, provided they are not bogus types.
- Excessive use of make-up on the face is not allowed.
- Wearing of Jeans by students in the university is prohibited.
- Female students can wear low sandals or covered corporate shoes.
- Clean tennis shoes or sneakers may be worn to Lecture and Examination halls.
- Piercing of any part of the body, other than the ear (for earring by female students) is prohibited.
- Tattooing on any part of the body is prohibited.
- Wearing of ankle chains and rings on toes, nose, lips, eye brows or multiple earrings are prohibited in the university.
- Wearing of short trousers of any kind, tights, etc to the lecture halls Chapel services and examination halls is strictly prohibited.
- Wearing of tops, shorts, or T-shirts with indecent inscriptions and other forms of indecent words is not allowed anywhere in Ajayi Crowther University.
- No student is allowed to put on emblem or material depicting other religion other than Christianity
Dress Code for all Male Students
- All male students are expected to dress corporately to the Lecture Halls, Examination Halls and special ceremonies, such as Matriculation, Foundation Day, Convocation, public lectures and other events specifically so stated. To be corporately dressed connotes a shirt tucked into a pair of trousers, preferably with a necktie, with or without a jacket, and a neat pair of covered. On Fridays, weekends and national days such as Independence Day, traditional dressing code may be observed.
- Male students may wear “native” attire or French suits outside lecture and Examination Halls.
- No male student is allowed to wear T-shirts, face-caps, scarves, braided hair, earrings, necklace, bangles, beads, etc in the University.
- Fastening of trousers below the waistline is not allowed.
- Wearing of long-sleeved shirts, without buttoning the sleeves well or folding, the sleeves, is not allowed.
- Shirt collars shall not be left flying.
- Shirts must be properly tucked into the trousers.
- Pulling down of trousers to the hip line is not allowed.
- Wearing of Jeans in the campus is prohibited.
- Male students shall wear sandals and covered shoes, depending on the type of attire.
- The use of face caps in Lectures, Chapel, University Official Programmes, Examination Halls and during official hours (i.e. 8am-4pm) is strictly prohibited.
- Piercing of any part of the body is prohibited.
- Tattooing on any part of the body is prohibited.
- Male students shall wear low-cut hair style.
- Wearing of beards is not allowed.
- No student is allowed to put on emblem or material depicting other religion other than Christianity.
All students must adhere strictly to it, irrespective of your level or programme.
Above is for due compliance, please. Thank you.
The post Ajayi Crowther University Dress Code Approved for all Students appeared first on MyEduBase – Nigeria’s Best Educational Website.