Cooking gas explosion kills UNIZIK undergraduate

A female student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State, identified simply as Precious was on Thursday reportedly killed by a gas explosion.

Copy and paste this code on your site

The incident myschoolnews gathered happened in one of the off-campus lodges of the university at Ifite, Awka.

Some other occupants of the lodge reportedly sustained various injuries from the inferno.

A source said, “The young lady was trapped by a collapsed wall of the building resulting from the explosion and was burnt beyond recognition. The lodge is predominantly occupied by UNIZIK students living off-campus.”

Another source, Obinna Anyanwu, said the explosion was caused by one of the occupants of the building who was frying with her gas cooker inside her room.

He said, “One of the occupants was frying popcorn in the room when the incident occurred. Most rooms in the lodge were affected and many properties were destroyed. 

“We actually tried putting out the fire but we couldn’t until the men of fire service arrived. We also tried to rescue the girl who was trapped by the collapsed wall but we couldn’t until she eventually died.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Ikenga Tochukwu, confirmed the incident, stating that investigation has commenced on the matter.

(Source:The Punch)

Enjoyed this article? Stay informed by joining our newsletter!

WHICH SCHOOL NEWS ARE YOU SEARCHING FOR?

What’s your Reaction?
+1
+1
+1
+1
See also  I Will Not Pay £3.25m To Help Ronaldinho Out Of Prison – Messi
Updated: October 7, 2021 — 7:33 pm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.